Sunday 21 September 2014

I have slightly disturbed the college...





Well nobody wants to read a 6 page essay on my first few days here at Tilsley Motherwell so I shall keep this short. I am loving it here. I have loved getting to know these hilarious and slightly odd people that I now have the privilege of calling my friends, I have loved learning more about myself through faith and I have loved learning more about God. I have only been here for 4 days and already it feels like home, but that may have something to do with the fact that I have already caused a disturbance, I have proceeded to move sofas from one room to another despite the fact they did not really fit through the doors, I have up-routed the entire student body to look for the single, lost key to my locked bedroom door and I have set off the security alarm while trying to go through a forbidden door. So Motherwell is now my home, well at least for the next 3 weeks. I wanted to thank everybody who has sponsored me to be here as I am honestly loving it and I cannot wait to see what else God has in store for me. Today in particular God presented me with a challenge, is being a Christian a hobby or a lifestyle? I will try to keep this in mind throughout my time here in Scotland.

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you girl! Glad you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abi, Thanks for the blog update - so pleased you have arrived safe and sound, and that you are settling in well!! Sounds as if you are causing waves already! Don't forget, you are representing Wales whilst you are there, and so make sure those Scots get a good impression!! The Beacon Centre Trustees look forward to hearing of your journey, and pray God's richest blessing on you, as you walk with HIM. (I don't mean on that water behind you in the photo!). God bless you, Paul Hocking

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great update, thanks Abi. What a great challenge to start the week with... and a great title for my next talk in RYC!

    ReplyDelete